Stunned. Just stunned.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GParkins

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My first all-grain batch was brewed on 12/24, and I cracked the first bottle tonight, to check progress. I'm flat-out blown away at how much this beer resembles what I set out to brew.

Thanks to everyone on this forum who answered my questions. Huge confidence booster.

It's an American pale ale, and is billed as a Sierra Nevada knockoff. I'm going to pick up a 6-pack of SNPA, just to compare.

No chill haze at all, and the only sediment in the bottom was a thin ring around the outside part of the bottom of the bottle. Not enough to cover the bottom.

Who'd a thunk it?

IMG_1305.jpg

Nope. Have to fix a couple of technical problems (boil kettle screen and better CFC connections) and then I need to take some careful measurements of dead spaces in my rig. Maybe next weekend. I've got all the ingredients ready to go.

Congrats! Always a pleasure to crack one of your own and it ended up just like you were hoping. Also, I applaud your awareness to lock in your equipment. I think that's one of the issues new AG brewers tend to have...not taking the time to learn the equipment they're working with.

Cheers!

Back