Stuck FG, ok to bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRapp

Reaction score
Some time mid January I cooked up the BB Russian imperial stout. I keep it in my basement, which is between 55 and 60, but It seemed to be fermenting fine. Transfered to secondary after 3 weeks and afterwards( i know its backwards) took a hydrometer reading, was at 1025....shoot.(supposed to be 1017-1020)

Anyway I had it and another beer still in my basement with a heating pad, last week took another reading... still 1023.

Moved it upstairs to where its between 60-70, after a day seen a few bubbles said yay, must be doing something good. After a week took a hydrometer reading and sadly its still at 1023. Must of been because of the temp change.

It tastes really delicious. I want to bottle it up. Will it be safe to do at 1023? Its really only 3 away from what its supposed to be. Any suggestions?

It's done. Even if you didn't hit your FG goal you are looking at a finished beer. Bottle it and enjoy!

Back