Stripped Threads on March Pump?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrEggSandwich

Reaction score
Hi all-

Planning a brew day on Saturday and I had taken my pump for BrewEasy off a few months back for some cleaning.....Went to assemble this evening, and I cannot get the quick disconnect or Blichmann connection back on.

This is probably obvious, but: Would you agree the threads are stripped? Is this normal for a plastic head to strip? Just got it last year.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

It looks like the fitting got cross threaded while installing it. I would agree that the end of the pump threads are stripped. If it were mine, instead of calling it a loss I would try filing the threads off the very end of the pump nipple to see if the threads farther down would engage the fitting.

Threads don't strip on their own. That requires human intervention ;)
And one can clearly see the cross-thread patterns in the better pics.

What you need is a 1/2" pipe thread die to chase the threads (from the wrong end, granted).
Know any friendly plumbers that'd trade five minutes for a six pack?

Cheers!

When making a connection, you want to hand thread as much as possible, checking for proper alignment before putting a wrench on it, then the first couple turns with the wrench should be nice and gentle with a feel for proper threading.

Those poly fittings will cut up like butter with a large wrench and some torque if your cross threaded.

Latest posts

Back