Strawberry Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bamamckay

Reaction score
I have made several batches of apple cider back sweeting with frozen apple juice concentrate. It has always turned out great Now my wife says she wants a Kopparberg (strawberry) clone. I was going to find a strawberry frozen concentrate but all I can find is Bacardi strawberry daiquiri frozen concentrate. Do you think that would work? Any other ideas. I have found Welchs strawberry breeze concentrate and it is ok but has to many other fruit in the mixture.

Why not simply add strawberries to the ferment? Wash & destem, slice, contain in a mesh sack & ferment with your apple juice. A dose of pectic enzyme would be good too. After a week, pull the sack with the remaining strawberry pulp out (don't squeeze) & let it drip-drain. Add any additional sugar at this point, place under airlock & continue fermentation. When it clears, rack & bulk age or bottle.
Regards, GF.

Perception of flavor is influenced by aroma.
If you add strawberries during active fermentation, most of the aroma and flavor will be lost in the fermentation process. You can add the strawberries later in fermentation, or after the fermentation is done and age the cider on the fruit to pick up the flavor.
It will probably take a few trials to figure out how much to add per gallon to get the flavor profile/aroma you are looking for.
The most direct way to add fruit flavor is to use flavor extract. Look on Amazon and check out the reviews of the different products.

Latest posts

Back