Stovetop Still

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryue

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey ya'll! Haven't been on for a while, been working like crazy - 70-80+ hours a week plus a 2-3 hour commute home for 3 months - so I haven't had much time.

Anyways, I am looking for creative ideas for what to build a stovetop still out of.. I'm thinking somewhere between 4 - 10 gallons, depending on the configuration and how it might fit.
I have built a pot still out of a full size keg with a quarter keg as a removable thumper if it is/isn't wanting to be used, but would like something smaller for test batches. Might try a column still this time?

Any ideas are appreciated, thanks is advance!

flux.jpg
79bbacacbe508d7a79fff6cb75a9d2b6.jpg
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tramonti...66001f5-b6115524-11bc653faaf45438&athena=true

buy a ss mixing bowl, take the lid from the stock pot place the mixing bowl on the lid, weld or solder the bowl to the lid, after you have welded the bowl,.__ because heat will tweak the lid__then cut the excess of the lid
if you want to solder, use stay clean by harris low heat

79bbacacbe508d7a79fff6cb75a9d2b6.jpg

Last edited:
Would second the stock pot/mash tun idea.

Brand new they can be pricey, but used they can be dirt cheap.

All you need is clamps and Teflon tape to secure it to the boiler.

Latest posts

Back