Stout Tanks 40G Conical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveWPG

Reaction score
I thought I would post some pics of my new fermenters. I bought 2 40 gallon conicals from Stout Tanks. I haven't used them yet but I have one rigged up with glycol tubing and foam insulation and will probably be filling it with pale ale this weekend.

I used steel strapping and a bolt to pull the copper tubing tight against the tank. I wasn't sure if the compression fittings would take the stress, but after attempting to pull them off i think they will hold. I will be putting them on top of some concrete blocks so that they are high enough to run straight into kegs.

My only complaint so far is that the lid gasket is really hard to install. You are supposed to press it into the lid and then place the lid on the tank, but it keeps falling out. I think some keg lube in the lid would make this easier. Once I have CIP set up I shouldn't have to remove the lid.

Very happy so far.
nj839RD.jpg

ecCyIM9.jpg

HF3sX2r.jpg

Ien142H.jpg

wQAC3DW.jpg

LMd2blV.jpg

Thanks. I filled one up with 30 gallons of pale ale yesterday and the glycol tubing looks to be working well. I am hopeful for lager brewing ability.

Curious how much shipping was on these guys? May be getting two similar sized ones in the future..... How has the glycol coil around the outside of the tank worked out?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I don't remember exactly but I think it was around $400 for the two. The coils have worked pretty well. I haven't had any problems besides the coils sweating in the summer.

It is for the spray ball, to clean/sanitize in place. They sell it along with the fermenter. You pump liquid in and it sprays all over the inside of the fermenter. You are supposed to be able to clean it without removing the top but I find it is faster if I give it a scrub then PBW spray.

Back