Storage Problem/Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbboater

Reaction score
I have 4 kegs with varying amounts of home brew remaining. I brewed 4 recipes from here based on input from shmbo.I want to bottle the remainder so I can have the space available for my spring/summer beers that I like.

My questions are, can I store the bottled beer at room temp and will it still be good next Oct-Dec assuming correct bottling?

I can pick up a cheap fridge if room temp is out of the question as long as there is a chance the beer will survive till next winter.

Thanks

Room temp is fine. I have a fair amount of commercial beer and home brew sitting at room temp. Cold is fine as well, but room temp 70-72f won't do it any harm. Keep it in a dark place though.

Room temp will work. Keep the bottles in the dark and away from any heat source.
Pale ales and IPAs will lose aroma. High gravity beers like a barleywine will improve with age. Intermediate beers will lose some freshness, but may not even be noticeable.

i've kept beers bottled from a keg over a year, and they still were carbed up fine, though some of them i probably should have kept as long as they were def past their peak.. cap on foam and you'll be fine

Thanks for the information. I'll get these bottled so I can start brewing again.

Back