stock pot size

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

well_bucket_brews

Reaction score
hey guys, new to brewing and buying my equipment. what is a good stock pot size to buy for 5-gallon brews? i think ill only be boiling 4 gallons at a time and adding the last bit in the fermenting bucket.. is that a good way to brew? ill be using a gas-burning stove top.

thanks!

not a bad way to go.....I do 5 gallon batches but start out with 6 gallons for the boil so i like the 10 gallon pot (no boilovers is nice). Nothing wrong with doing it in a 5 gallon with 4 gallons to boil though.

Welcome to the new hobby/addiction. I would get as big a pot as your $ will allow. There are many that have found beers that they really like and want to up their game to 10 gallon batches. Also this allows for full boils of 5 gallon batches, rather than adding water after.

I'm still using the same SS 5G kettle I started kit-n-kilo with. I'm doing PB/PM BIAB now,& the only thing I had to add was a 5 gallon paint strainer bag. And a cake cooling rack to keep the grains/bag form burning on the bottom. So now that same Brew Kettle doubles as a mash tun. The Stainless Steel is also easy to clean with a dobie brand scrubber & a little PBW.

Back