Stiring after chitosan, when can i rack?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elfmaze

Reaction score
Have a kit wine that we are fermenting in my conical. We just added Kieselsol stirred waited and hour and then added chitosan. waited another hour... Now it wants me to stir it all up again?

Should I rack it before stirring up, or rack an hour, day, week after the final stir?

Then I will sit in a sealed glass carboy for a month until bottling

Was this a bad question?

I'm starting to wonder if the wine was possibly not fully degassed(didn't use a whip, just stirred for 2 mins).. It doesn't appear to have cleared the way i would have hoped.

I think it's because all of the instructions are totally kit dependent- some kinds have you stir, some have you not stir, some have you rack only once, some twice, etc. The only thing I can say is to follow your kit instructions.

If it hasn't been properly degassed, that is an issue but you can degas when you stir.

Just follow what the kit says to do, they are entirely kit dependent.

They make each kit hundreds of times. Whenever somebody says something went wrong they go and test the kit even more. If you follow the instructions as close as possibly your wine will turn out as close as possible to how it should.

But maybe that doesnt help you; can you type out what step your on and what the next step is?

Back