Still Dragon and ripple elements

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esmitee

Reaction score
I guess there are not to many ways to get an 5500W ripple element through the still Dragon element enclosures? I just got the elements today and, never gave it a thought that they might not fit through .....hummmmmm
Anyone ever managed to get the ripple element through this enclosure?
Can I bend and straighten the element a little to get it through the enclosure?

I am a virgin to all this electric brewing.

View attachment 1487391442343.jpg

Oh I can bend them, I know that 1st bend won't be that hard (where the enclosure i0s in the pic), but I'm woring about the next bend closers to the base. I'm glad you had success, I just hope I do, being it is SS. ?
Time will tell. Thanks for replying.

I bent my ripple to fit my still dragon 2" Triclover. I only used the ripple on the brewkettel though. Wasn't really concerned with scorching water in the hlt. You shouldn't have to bend them too much.

Maybe you did it just for illustration purposes, but since you are a self-professed newb to electric... you're trying to install the element the wrong way in the stilldragon enclosure in this pic! :mug:

Oh Matt, that sounds like good news, I'm going to try and wrestle it through.

Cyber, lol yea, after I posted the pic I noticed it was backwards. I new it would just be a matter of time before it was pointed out.......good eye lol

But thanks, cause I may have not known.

Yes I had the same question when I was putting mine together. Another member told me to squeeze the element with a channel lock and it would slide right through, so that is what I did and it worked like a dream. Here is a pick of it in my build thread if you scroll down to post #8.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=541449

John

Jcav, funny thing, I had read your post a while ago, but didn't remember to look there for the info. Befor I made this post, I did search for Still Dragon enclosure problems, your post didn't show up.

Jcav, funny thing, I had read your post a while ago, but didn't remember to look there for the info. Befor I made this post, I did search for Still Dragon enclosure problems, your post didn't show up.

No problem, glad you got it figured out. You will love electric brewing. Good luck with the rest of the build!

John

Ok men, I didn't think it needed the tape , but you never know. So thank you for that info.
I have 2 pids, 2 ssrs 2 disconnect able pt 100s and a bunch of products on the way to start building the control box. I may need some Electric help soon

Back