Steel "kettle" fermenter experiences?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These seem fine, but a racking arm and spigot are essential in a fermenter upgrade, in my opinion. Otherwise you can't do any sort of oxygen-free (or close) transfer. You're still stuck with a siphon. If you can purchase and install the necessary bits, then I see no issue with this fermenter.

If this doesn't seem feasible, then just go with a nice Speidel if the pricing works for you.

thanks for the ideas, sadly, oxigen free won't be anywhere near in my future. but a spigot/racking arm will be added later on.

That looks like my Chapman buckets, I have put a TC fitting on top for transfers.
It’s fine, if I were doing it again, I would get one without a valve port.

That looks like my Chapman buckets, I have put a TC fitting on top for transfers.
It’s fine, if I were doing it again, I would get one without a valve port.
Thanks, pulled the trigger yesterday.
Will not install a valve until I switched from swamp cooler to a chamber at least.

+1 on chapman buckets as being fairly priced. They are very easy to modify for any upgrades. Here are some minor evolutionary pics of one of my chappys.
20200115_221326.jpeg
20200223_204248.jpeg
20200226_153416.jpeg
IMG_20200229_103849_565.jpeg

Any standard brewbucket can be made to be oxygen free. SS Brewtech brewbuckets can hold 2-3psi, so just outfit the lid with a gas attachment, hook up a co2 tank with a low pressure regulator, push 2psi in, and transfer. Its how i cold crashed, and transferred, for quite some time before upgrading

Back