STC-1000 Temperature Controller in Fahrenheit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdgenxr

Reaction score
Putting out a feeler to see how many people would be interested in purchasing an STC-1000 Digital Temperature controller with the following specs:
  • 110V
  • 2 relays, one for heat and one for cool
  • Display in Degrees Fahrenheit

I would need to order a quantity of them to meet these specs and would hate to be stuck with a bunch that nobody wants. My target sale price would be $25 shipped via USPS. If you're interested, please follow the link to the cross post and respond to the poll and I'll make sure to order the appropriate quantity.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/stc-1000-temperature-controller-fahrenheit-462425/

I just have a little printout of Celsius to Fahrenheit conversions taped to the top of my controller.. works fine for me!

The order has been placed. A bit of a note about the programmer though. The one I've ordered is physically the same as an STC-1000, however it is not exactly the same internally. The device actually has three relays. One for heat, cool and a third for an alarm.

What does this mean. Not much if you plan on using it as is. However, if you plan on flashing alphaomega's STC-100+ firmware, it is currently untested and I'm unsure if it will work. However, since his firmware greatly enhances the functionality of the device for the community, I will be looking into making this an option.

More to come!

Just wondering if I am missing something because you can buy these in Fahrenheit on ebay right now for less than $20.. I have one saved in my watch list, I almost bought it last week but dont have a use for it just yet haha...

Just wondering if I am missing something because you can buy these in Fahrenheit on ebay right now for less than $20.. I have one saved in my watch list, I almost bought it last week but dont have a use for it just yet haha...

If you post a link, most likely we'll be happy to point out that what you're looking at is a single stage controller...

Cheers!

If you post a link, most likely we'll be happy to point out that what you're looking at is a single stage controller...

Cheers!

Ahhh.. I see I just looked at it.. I just came across it while searching and figured it was a newer thing and people just are not buying them yet.. Since it said heat/cool I figured it did just that.. Now after reading the whole listing I see it only can do one or the other. My mistake.

Great to hear that you got the order placed, as I am looking forward to getting one. Did you end up with 15 amp relays, or the normal 10a relays?
Also, what happened to the previous thread with the poll?

Check out the blackbox site, VERY cool. Sucks he'd sold out at the moment. I don't mind building it myself, just dont know where to buy the controller itself (2 stage, f not c)

I may have to go that way. The more and more I check into trying to get it in F the more Im about to just say screw it and go with one in C lol they seem to work about 100% the same, and I dont have to stress about looking for a F one.

Now my plan on how to install it lol I like the whole "in the collar" look. Might go that way...

If you really want a dual stage DIN style Fahrenheit controller that fits in the same space as an STC-1000, MH1210, WillHi (whatever that model number is), etc, you could always drop the cash on a Love TSS2-2100...

Cheers!

Ok I got it all hooked up, but now I'm trying to figure out how to program this thing. The instructions arent much help and all of the other threads deal with the C version which only has f1-f4, this one has f0-f8 and the biggest problem is that when you try and set the cold and hot, you dont set it in F, you set it on a scale of 2-29 idk if thats C or what. Why they would have the readout in F but the settings in C is beyond me. Anyone have any ideas?

That's pretty crazy. I built my own black box before ever seeing this thread (built 3 diff versions previously). The $55 price tag is awesome considering I built mine for about $40 total not pricing for labor like the black box would include. I also am using a straight cord not the 90° one pictured. And obviously mines still Celsius, but I'm used to that now. Daddy likey berry mush. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406255550.704663.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1406255569.184371.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1406255583.179096.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I bought one of the units off Beatnik's post, it's as it is claimed. Dual heat and cool, with units in F. There are many variants of the STC-1000, the specific model of this one is RC-310M.

Latest posts

Back