STC-1000 strictly for cooling and fan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeastside

Reaction score
I apologize for adding to the number of STC-1000 threads, but I can not find a post that specifically addresses my wiring question. Keep in mind that I'm a total noob at electrical wiring, although I have rigged up my Control Products TC-9102D-LV Dual Stage temp controller for a fermentation chamber, so I'm not a complete idiot (usually).

I am looking for assistance in wiring an STC-1000 for my keezer, therefore I will only be using it for cooling. I would also like to wire in an always-on fan for circulation (I have a very tall collar). I have found some diagrams which have fans wired in, but they are using both stages of the temp controller. I don't know how to modify those layouts for single stage use.

I am almost certain this has been asked before, so just a link to an old post would probably suffice. I just can't seem to find it after searching extensively. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

assuming you are using a fan that will plug into a standard all outlet, or a computer type fan with a rigged up phone charger type setup....
simply take your white and black coming in from power and either go directly to the outlet then come off the second set of screws on the outlet and into the controller. OR wirenut 2 sets of jumpers onto the power feed.. one to the outlet and one to the controller.
if using a 120V fan, you can skip the outlet and just wire directly to the incoming power.
I'd draw this out, but I'm not on a computer to do it.

Yeah, if you want the fan to run all the time (and not just when the freezer is powered), just get a 110-120V AC fan (I've seen those on Amazon) and plug it in the wall. No need to go through the STC-1000.

I have a 120V fan running constantly in my keezer but have noticed an annoying problem. Even though it is a 4" box fan for an electrical cabinet it is noisy in comparison to a low voltage computer fan. I will be removing the fan and installing a small power supply and computer fan when I do some improvements to the keezer this fall. Just a recommendation to pay attention to the sound level from your fan before building it in.

I just posted this diagram in one of the epic STC-1000 threads, but I figured I should post here too since the title of this thread may help people find it easier in the future. Does anyone see anything wrong with the wiring? I based this on Revvy's 3 outlet design.

wiring.png

Back