STC-1000 Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin-K

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been covered at some point, but I'm very new to the forum and had a hard time shuffling through everything that turned up with a search.

I'm getting ready to start my Keezer build and I've decided to go with the STC-1000 for temp control, which is ordered and on its way. My question deals with the mounting of the controler into the wood collar. Has anyone ever raised concern, or experienced problems with the business end of the controler being exposed to the inside of the keezer? (Cold/Moisture) I would prefer to mount it this way because of the clean design, but if there is potential for problems, I was considering building a long box with a face of matching wood/finish to fasten to the top of the lid, running all wiring to the back where it could be fed in through the collar.

Any suggestions and experience with this issue are much appreciated!

Thanks, and cheers!

I have mine mounted inside my fermentation cabinet with no problems. If you're really worried about it, you could cover the back side with something. Duct tape maybe?

I wouldn't concern myself with it either. Especially if you get something to absorb moisture. I would recommend two rechargeable dehumidifiers to keep moisture down. Have one charged and ready to go with another in the keezer.

Great, thanks! Are there any passive dehumidifying techniques out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back