Started basic brewing again

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellynm

Reaction score
Been at least 10 years since I brewed last. This past weekend, I got the BB IPA kit. My stove was taking forever to heat up the wort.... si I took I brew pot outside and checked the diameter of my gas smoker... and the brew pot fit on it perfectly. So I was able to do my boil outside over gas and had a little bit of mesquite wood burning as well... this might be a very interesting beer!

photostream

PS. How the heck do I make the image appear in the thread???

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55702192@N04/5164843972/in/photostream/

Thank and thank you... I figured there must be some sort of post limit... cause this ain't my first forum rodeo! ;-)

Much better brewing outside isn't it! I am just returning to homebrewing after a hiatus, not 10 years tho... Have a brown ale and a cerveza in primary now (both kits from midwest supply). I have already ordered 2 more kits but from brewmasters warehouse... I really wanna get stocked up on some basic homebrews before I get into more intricate recipes that require more time....... whats your quickest primary to bottle ready homebrew?

I'm fermenting for 3 weeks and then bottle and wait... another 3 weeks... should be perfect for Christmas!

i'm gonna put both my brews in secondarys tomorrow and anticipate the cerveza being bottled a week after that and leave the brown ale on 2ndary for 2 weeks. I'm gonna use gelatin on both to clear, never done that before so am looking forward to it. I've always had the problem of drinking the hell outta my brew before it gets a chance to age. Which is why I'll be brewing up a cream stout and a triple hopped pilsner this weekend also.....

Latest posts

Back