Stainless coil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baer19d

Reaction score
I want to try using an ABS 1/2bbl Sankey yeast brink as a fermenter. Does anyone know where I can get a 4" Tri-clamp cap to 2" Tri-clamp ferrel reducer (not the concentric reducer) with a stainless coil welded to it that will fit in the 4" opening? It will be used as the glycol coil similar to what the SS Brewtech fermenters and Bubba Barrels have.

Thanks

If that had a 2"
Ferrell it with be perfect. The 2" is for something 9 made that works as a blow off, spunding valve, and pressure transfer. I'll contactbthem and see if the can add one.
Thanks
https://spikebrewing.com/collections/conical-accessories/products/14-gallon-temperature-control-coil

Pretty sure this works for the cooling but you'll need to figure out a blow off.

You may want to see if abs will weld a 1.5" triclamp on the keg for you.

You could also look at this unit and get the coil from spike. https://www.brewmagic.com/products/select-sankey-keg/

You're other option would be to order the 4-2 cap reducer from brewers hardware and the custom coil from stainless brewing and have the coil welded to the cap. I have made 3 of these exact parts for my brewhemoths as well as using one coil from spike and having a ferrule welded to it, spike wouldn't do it though. I have a friend who does all my sanitary welding for me.

So Stainless Brewing does do custom tube bending? That might be the way to go. I could also buy the Spike coil with the 4"
cap and weld onto it what I have on the 2"
cap that I've been using.
You're other option would be to order the 4-2 cap reducer from brewers hardware and the custom coil from stainless brewing and have the coil welded to the cap. I have made 3 of these exact parts for my brewhemoths as well as using one coil from spike and having a ferrule welded to it, spike wouldn't do it though. I have a friend who does all my sanitary welding for me.

Yea they don't have the coils on their site but if you email them they can make almost anything. I got mine 25' with 3/8" stainless tube coiled at 3" diameter with vertical bends. They ran about 65 each. The only thing about stainless brewing is its a 2 man operation and they are slammed so if you order from them don't get in a hurry. It took about 2 months to get my 2 coils. Spike is very quick but you would have to make sure the length of the coil will fit in that keg.

Latest posts

Back