St. Patty's Day...from homebrew to...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrodskreet

Reaction score
This is my embarrassing whoops for this week.

So yesterday was St. Patty's Day. My wife, our friends and myself all had a blast at the parade. We made a float for the third year strait, and partook in adult beverages.

But anyway back on topic. So for the last 3 months I've just started home brewing and our friends are all BMC drinkers. Well needless to say they all ordered our kegs with whats worse than BMC. Michelob Ultra light!!! I went from drinking 5.5% ABV and up for the last 3 months to this swill. Well me being the big dog I am I just knew I could drink 2 for everybody elses 1. Then not to mention the whoop juice and lemonade added in. So long story short. I found myself waking up on the curb in the Wendy's drive thru.

Moral of the story: Don't reenact scenes from Platoon with Charlie Sheen.

Anybody else have any embarrassing St. Patty's Day stories?

I'm ashamed to say that I drank absolutely no alcohol whatsoever on St. Pattys day. And it's not like I was a DD or anything.

well didn't necessarily happen to me, but i went to downtown raleigh for st. pattys. We went to an irish pub that was letting people drink on the closed street/sidewalk. Saw a guy passed out laying against a tree and everyone was taking pics with him. Also, we then proceeded to the flying saucer and were just sitting at a table outside, drinking, when a guy came from inside, stumbled and fell on our table. He spilt my buddies drink and needless to say he got kicked out of the bar. Thats about the most exciting thing that happened to me.

Kevin

Well...wha ha happen was...

Had a bad habit of locking myself out of the house. Not because I didn't have the key...just could never find it on the key ring after drinking. (mailman has woken me up on a couple occasions sleeping on the porch. good guy. family friend). Anyways, I always keep the backdoor unlocked (plan B), so I climbed in the bathroom window.

Next morning I find myself butt ass naked laying in the hallway, wearing a white tee shirt as underwear. Legs through the arm holes- wouldnt expect less.

Pretty sure it was a good St Pattys Day..

My St. Pattys Day:

1 Can Miller (It was early in the day and I wanted something cold and light while I worked on a keggle.

1 Bottle Guinness Extra Stout. Nice! So much better than the regular Guinness!

1 Bottle Hopslam. HOPS!

no embarrassing stories here -
hung with friends all day, watching the parade and embarrassing stories unfold all along downtown, and listened to some outdoor bands.

throughout the day -

1 21st Amendment IPA
2 lil sumptin' sumptin'
1 ruthless rye
1 hopslam

so, yeah, it was a good St. Paddy's here.

I'm ashamed to say that I drank absolutely no alcohol whatsoever on St. Pattys day. And it's not like I was a DD or anything.

same here. I stayed at my parents' house with my sister so they could go see Guy Clark. We ordered pizza and went to see Casa de mi padre. Got home and realized I hadn't had a drop and it was 12:01.

Evets said:

Me too, no brew.
Was funfilled though. The kids played in 3 jazz bands all over town

Made up for it yesterday :)

I got called out on Facebook by my wife for drinking a Woodchuck cider, something along the lines of "my husband the beer snob who makes his own beer is drinking a Woodchuck, what a p#ssy!" I just has a craving for something different, cider sounded good, and Woodchuck had their spring version out made with maple syrup. Needless to say I manned up after that and had a Guinness and a Raging B!tch. In my experience it's never a good thing when your wife challenges your manlyness.:eek:

Got back in town on St. Pats at about 8 pm, I live on the main drag in the town I'm in so there were already a ton of people bar hopping and wading through all the trash leftover from the parade. My night consisted of:

8:00 - shotgun 2 cans of PBR to celebrate making it home
8:30 - order pitcher of Schlafly Pale Ale at the pizzeria down the street
9:00 - shotgun another can of PBR to celebrate eating pizza
9:15 - walk down to the bottle shop, find a 2 week old 6er of Two Hearted, purchase it, and shotgun another PBR to celebrate finding fresh TH.
9:20 - 10:50ish - finish said 6 pack, not much else can be recalled past that point except that it was delicious.

I rarely shotgun anything from a can, but my roommates had all been drinking since they woke up, so obviously I had to catch up with them as fast as I could. A good decision? Not at all.

Latest posts

Back