SS Brewtech new product line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swanwick

Reaction score
They have now created a Brewmasters edition (BME) that connects the cooling coil to the side rather than the top so can use the domed lid, has a 3" port at the top for hop additions, and has new butterfly valve design. Comes with the cooling coil and the neoprene jacket.

They are also selling a modified version of the temp control package to take that into account. I asked and they said they are planning to come out with a two way temp controller soon for those who have their fermentor in a location that can go above and below desired temp during a single ferment.

They just started taking pre-orders for December delivery. Here is link to 1/2 barrel chronical

Swan

Yeah I saw them... I'm not 100% psyched about the fact that now with the coil cooler/heater it has 4 weldless fittings. (Thermo Probe, Sampling valve, in and out for cooling/ heating coil.I know they are not concerned about that and have not gotten complaints, but the way I look at it is that these are just more pieces where I have to disassemble the conical and clean and reassemble it. I'd rather have a CIP system that has no threads and no weldless fittings... For their 14g one at $775 you can have all of that for much less with a Bru-Gear, or about the same money for a MoreBeer conical.

Yeah I saw them... I'm not 100% psyched about the fact that now with the coil cooler/heater it has 4 weldless fittings. (Thermo Probe, Sampling valve, in and out for cooling/ heating coil.I know they are not concerned about that and have not gotten complaints, but the way I look at it is that these are just more pieces where I have to disassemble the conical and clean and reassemble it. I'd rather have a CIP system that has no threads and no weldless fittings... For their 14g one at $775 you can have all of that for much less with a Bru-Gear, or about the same money for a MoreBeer conical.
Why do you have to dissassemble and clean them? if no liquid gets into them I think its safe to say no nasties are getting in there either? A soak in starsan seems to work fine for everyone else?

I bought the stainless coil and the fittings to mount mine and decided that in the end a $10 discharge hose wrapped around the outside of the conical worked way better, it was simple and quicker to install with the added advantage of nothing additional to clean inside my fermenter... I bought 11 gallons of wort down from 77 degrees to 62 in 30 minutes which is fast enough for me.

Latest posts

Back