Sprayer/Sprinkler for CIP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarsnik

Reaction score
I was at the hardware store looking for ideas for a CIP ball type sprayer (cheap hopefully). The idea would be to have a dedicated cleaning 'lid' with a sprayer that could be used on both my keggles and fermenters. The options are somewhat limited since it will be driven by a chugger pump at a maximum of ~.5 PSI, so some of the commercial examples are off the table because they operate optimally at 40PSI or more.

I bought the following sprinkler since it was all metal construction, had an appropriate spray pattern, and was only 3$:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Melnor-Spot-Sprinkler-557-354/203062315?N=5yc1vZc63h

9aSVwnT.jpg

After a bunch of testing it sprays perfectly and will work for what I need - however I am unsure if this would be safe to use since there are no materials listed. It appears to be a chrome plated with a brass face. Other than lead in the bass, are there any potential health hazards in using it? It will never be used for beer, just CIP cycles with b-brite or PBW and then thoroughly rinsed.

I emailed the manufacturer and they sent me the following:

Material Component Percentage
Aluminum 99%
TPR 1%

Anyone know what TPR is? I've been googling it without any success.

My googlefu brings up thermoplastic elastomer, also known as theromplastic rubbers, common sealant. I show there are varying kinds, many are food safe. Maybe the manufacturer can tell you what TPE it uses.

Latest posts

Back