Sportsman and Home Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elkobrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
7258BB9E-71FC-4510-9FD4-A65EB2591661.jpeg
D7AB81AB-9496-444E-B9D0-550D847748A4.jpeg
there’s nothing better then spending Time with my boys in the field. Youngest son harvested his first buck this year after 9 days in the field. A night pack out and a lot of memories made. Oh and of course a few home brew Bourbon barrel porters for me and the oldest when we got back home.

That’s a dandy first buck!!! Congratulations.
I love this time of year too. I’m in the field nearly every weekend with my son or my hunting partner and his boys. My son got his 2nd buck last weekend.

7DB91571-11C6-46E3-B8B6-0A257D9F6FC8.jpeg

I have an archery tag that I haven’t filled yet. I enjoyed a bunch of homebrew with my dad and brother last weekend when we butchered 3 deer.

That’s a dandy first buck!!! Congratulations.
I love this time of year too. I’m in the field nearly every weekend with my son or my hunting partner and his boys. My son got his 2nd buck last weekend.

View attachment 651031

I have an archery tag that I haven’t filled yet. I enjoyed a bunch of homebrew with my dad and brother last weekend when we butchered 3 deer.
Camonick that’s a awesome buck your son got. This is definitely a great time of year. Nothing better then spending time in the outdoors with family Andy friends. Good luck on your archery tag. I hope to see some pictures.

image.jpeg
View attachment 651005 View attachment 651004 there’s nothing better then spending Time with my boys in the field. Youngest son harvested his first buck this year after 9 days in the field. A night pack out and a lot of memories made. Oh and of course a few home brew Bourbon barrel porters for me and the oldest when we got back home.

Congratulations and I'm sure you are very proud of your son!

With that said, and please don't be offended, but the last picture shows your son's rifle lying up and across the deer's back so that the muzzle of the rifle is pointing at your son's groin/leg/stomach area. That should have never occurred...never. Treat every gun as loaded and always point it in a safe direction. Safety procedures should always be followed and that picture lends itself to anyone who sees it as a great learning opportunity of what not to do.

Again, I am not trying to offend or shame, but rather educate. I've seen plenty of "accidents" that have occurred due to poor safety procedures.

Happy hunting!

Last edited:
Sooooo. Got home around 2:30 this afternoon to find this little bastard and his gf standing just a few feet off my driveway. Walked past him within 10 ft to go get the mail. Didn’t pay me no mind.
IMG_2755.JPG

I’ve sat several evenings this season with some small bucks and a number of does never coming within range. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Sooooo. Got home around 2:30 this afternoon to find this little bastard and his gf standing just a few feet off my driveway. Walked past him within 10 ft to go get the mail. Didn’t pay me no mind. View attachment 652118
I’ve sat several evenings this season with some small bucks and a number of does never coming within range. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
All you need to do, is convince him you will do what she will, only better. Good Luck!:goat:

Back