Split batch ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmeek

Reaction score
I have ~3.5 gallons of wildflower mead in primary I would like to transfer to 3 separate jugs for experimental batches. It had an OG of 1.122 and I used 71-B and it finished out around 1.015.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for what to do with them? I figured it would be fall before I start drinking them and the honey was somewhat dark so I wanted to go with some cinnamon apple flavors, or some dark fruits. I thought I might keep one as a traditional , and just add some vanilla bean.

I saw a chai spiced cyser in the recipes that sounded awesome so I picked up some green cardamom pods to try to make it. Is it too late to try to add cider? I really don't want to restart fermentation I just thought it might be a good way to get some apple flavor without chopping up apples and adding them to my 1 gal jug. Any other thoughts on green cardamom pods?

Thanks for any ideas!

Latest posts

Back