spincycle whirlpool arm length for Sanke keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HausBrauerei_Harvey

Reaction score
All,

I'm looking at the spincycle whirlpool arm from Bobby at Brewhardware.com.

I'm curious what length of drop folks think I should get for a 15 gallon sanke keggle. I measured it last night and it looks like about 15 inches max of flat side distance on the keggle from the bottom to the top. He suggests having the arm a minimum of 3" above the bottom of the kettle, thus i'm thinking the 12" drop option should work, by maybe I should get the 11" to be safe. Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks!

https://www.brewhardware.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SpinCycle

My kettles have the submersible version of the spincycle whirlpool at Bobby’s recommendation. Not only can you install them wherever you want them, but Bobby also said they have a little better flow rate than the drop down version. I installed one in my BK (for whirlpooling) and one in my HLT to achieve a more consistent water temp around the HERMS coil that is used to maintain mash temps.

I bought one of these, and then ended up going with a Hangover from Exchilerator as the arm is full adjustable (I can set it as shallow or deep as I like). This way I didn't have to drill any holes in my kettle. In the end I'm sure either solution will work just fine fine. Hope this is helpful.

https://www.exchilerator.com/the-hangover/

Hi there all! I'm jumping back on this thread with much the same question. I have a 15 gal Sanke keggle. I generally brew 5 gal batches. Is there a "usual" length of the Spincycle in this set up? The price point appeals to me, as does not having to install a bulkhead as I understand I'd have to for the Submerge. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Back