Spike vs BrewTech - Small Batch Unitanks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neelixx

Reaction score
So, I'm pretty much an SS Brew Tech guy. I love my 1BBL Unitank. Now, I'm looking at small batch sizing.

The problem with BrewTech Unitanks, is that small batches are very hard (i.e. ~3gal), while still using cooling coils. Spike is more flexible with small batches, but really nickles and dimes you for buying the parts needed, and I haven't used them before.

What are your thoughts?

I think you'll be hard pressed in finding a Unitank that allows for such small batch sizes to be properly managed as far as temperature control goes. You could get a 7 gal SSB Unitank, remove the spiral and place it in a converted freezer for temperature control. You'll have a huge amount of headspace but should still be able to take advantage of the conical features.

All of our tanks are designed specifically to handle a full and half batch size. This means the sample valve, thermowell and temp coil were all designed specifically to work in this application. See below for a cutaway shot. Also we sell all our accessories 'a la cart' as many people would rather choose how their tank is outfitted as every brewer/brewery operates differently.

Coil_Cutaway_282fe500-7065-4fb4-a931-49abaeb5c4c7.jpg

Latest posts

Back