Speidel Fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CADETS3

Reaction score
Good afternoon, I just recently purchased my new 15.9 gallon Speidel fermenter and I cannot wait to give it a go! I did read some reviews on the product having sharp edges up at the mouth of the container. Mine does have some sharper edges than I would like to work with and was thinking about deburring them carefully and precisely. I work in a machine shop so need to worry about using the right tool to debbur it or not. I am simply wondering if it would be ok to do so. I have read a few reviews that people cut themselves as they were trying to handle the container or when they were cleaning it. Anyways, i'd appreciate any feedback from anyone and or especially those that have had such dilemma. (This fermenter will house my first all grain batch that I am preparing to make which will be a Brother Thelonious clone from Northeast Brewing Co.)
Cheers

I have that same one and it's currently doing it's thing with a 10 gallon batch of IPA - almost 3 weeks in. I didn't notice any sharp edges on mine. I like how it all went together. Although I did not change out the spigot for the bottom cap before filling - oops. I'm going to try to gently tilt it back and change that out so I can more easily get some gravity readings.

I have two and I love them and they stay busy. I havent expereinced any sharp edges on mine either. Ive tried all kinds of fermenters (other than conicals which are just too pricey) and these are the best. I still use glass for long term storage but 90% of my beers are run through the speidels.

Back