Southeastern Ontario Cider resource

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smh

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I've just got off the phone trying to source cider in and around the Toronto area. It's not easy to come by as many around here are more commercial operations. Bennett's Apples and Cider (http://bennettsapples.com/) seems to be the most reliable source. If you bring your own jug it's $1.25/L for pasturized but no-preservative cider. They use a mix of apples (not sure which ones) so hopefully is a nice flavour profile.

I attempted to find unpasturized cider, as the sticky on this forum suggests that it has advantages. However, it seems there are some regulations that prevent them from selling unpasturized stuff. I think you can get it if you have a large enough order, but few of us can do that I imagine.

I haven't tried this yet, but will be over the next few months. I will update on the quality as I go.

Made my visit to Bennett's yesterday. Excellent store, two self-serve cider taps with either preserved, or not. $1.25/L if you bring your own bottle/carboy. It tastes really nice. THey basically told me that the type of apples changes depending on the time of year. Essentially they use whatever they can't sell for eating out of hand. Probably mostly desert apples, but sourcing anything else in the area is rather tough.

They also have an unpreserved honey tap for those mead aficionados out there.

Latest posts

Back