South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 2!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weekday evening or weekend is OK for me. But, I will be away 3/6 - 3/13. If delivery occurs during that week, is there anybody in south jersey that could hold a sack and 1/2 of grain or should I arrange to have a friend pick-up?

Thanks,
Glenn

Paypal would be the fastest way for eveyone to pay but if you need to mail payment, money orders are better then personal checks. They take too long to clear. If there is no other option, check is fine... but please, NO CASH!

I'll be sending out everyone's amounts tonight. I got caught up house hunting this afternoon so I got a little backed up.

I'm confirming my half sack of munich. I'm going to pay aluminumpark directly and he'll pay for the whole sack. I've worked this out with him already.

Is there anyone in the Turnersville NJ area that could grab it for me and I could meet them to grab it.....or even anyone between McGuire AFB and Turnersville?

I just sent out the order totals to everyone with payment details. If you have not recieved it, your Inbox is full. PM me for your totals.

Once everyone has paid, i can get a set delivery date!

I live Just outside turnersville in williamstown, right on the blackhorse pike if that helps.

That would be great! Thanks. You aren't a memberofour club? We're dues free now and looking for more members. You should come to a meeting.The next one is at Boardwalk Pizza on Fries Mill rd (Echo Plaza) and Hurfville Crosskeys. Bring some beer........or not. The club will pick up the tab for pizza and wings. You may be picking up two half sacks if that's ok with you. Hope to meet you soon!

old brew and lordura.. sorry my inbox was full.. it is not now.

Todd it looks like you got everything lined up.. but if you need me I live by the shamong wawa.

Anyone who has sent payments, I'll update the thread after 6 tonight... to hard to edit from my phone.

I've updated the original post with all the payments that have been received so far. Everything is coming along nicely!

I wish i would have some brew ready by the time we pick up... we could have all done like a brew exchange!

i dont have anything ready/bottled, but i did just move my brown ale that got 2nd place in war of the worts to a keg, could have it "tested" and bottled by then

We're doing pretty good! Only a few more payments pending then i can call in and get this beast shipped!

Sethga, thanks! I've updated your status.

The last payment should be here tomorrow so I'll call it in tomorrow or Tuesday morning and hope to have it delivered by Thursday or Friday.

Called in the order today! I should have the invoice first thing tomorrow morning and if the order is correct, I'll set the delivery!

Updated totals and delivery is set for March 8th! 7pm.... anyone who cant make it, let start setting up arrangements for pickup!

i'll be there and i live in Springfield (Delaware County), PA if anyone needs me to pick some things up.

I'm also going to the Blue Monkey Tavern that oldbrew mentioned, if anyone wants a drink before pick up! :mug:

Hey flyerwire, I work by 322 & Route 1. I live down the street from the pickup place, if for some reason you can't make it let me know and I will pick up your grain for you.

Who else needed me to pick up stuff and hold??

I'll prob go to the jug afterwards and get some wings :mug:

i'll be there and i live in Springfield (Delaware County), PA if anyone needs me to pick some things up.

I'm also going to the Blue Monkey Tavern that oldbrew mentioned, if anyone wants a drink before pick up! :mug:

If you could pick up my grain that would be great! We can met in Oaks at some point to complete the hand off. I am getting BZ Munich, in addition to splitting wheat, C-40, and C-120. Could someone throw my stuff in some trash bags? :mug:

I'm away from 3/6 through 3/13, can anyone in south jersey hold a sack and 1/2 for a week? I will drop off a couple of homer buckets for the half bag.

Thanks,
Glenn

I will be there! Could be down for a drink at the blue monkey as well... well play that by ear.

I will be there! Could be down for a drink at the blue monkey as well... well play that by ear.

Hey Rob,
Are you going to bring your digital fish scale this time too since it worked out so well last time? We might need to pay you a rental fee for the use of it ;):)

If not I have a fish type scale, but I don't think it is as accurate as your digital one!

Hey Rob,
Are you going to bring your digital fish scale this time too since it worked out so well last time? We might need to pay you a rental fee for the use of it

If not I have a fish type scale, but I don't think it is as accurate as your digital one!

Yes, I will definately bring the digital fish scale. I love that thing, I am either weighing new grains, or weighing bass. Always in a good mood when im using my fish scale.

Yes, I will definately bring the digital fish scale. I love that thing, I am either weighing new grains, or weighing bass. Always in a good mood when im using my fish scale.

Haha.. striped type I hope! Now that is a hard thing to choose between.. Weighing 30-40 pounds of striper, or 50-55 lbs of Malt:D:D

I'll be there, will bring a scale for weighing grain. Plan on working late and stopping by the Blue Monkey for a beer or two.........if I can only decide on which to try.

I'll be there, will bring a scale for weighing grain. Plan on working late and stopping by the Blue Monkey for a beer or two.........if I can only decide on which to try.

My 2 boys were over there last night, They never seem to have a problem on trying a couple different brews out:D You just need to work your way from the lightest style to the heavier hopped brews so your taste buds aren't numbed out on the first go round. And pay attention to the ABV of each choice:tank:

The pick list just in from last night for those two were
thumbs up for
Triple Karmeliet
Avery Dugana
Troegs Nugget Nectar
then last but not least
Southern Tier Gemini

Said they might not have them all o tap by meet day

Gemini sounds good, but I'm a HUGE Southern Tier Brewing Fan. Always pulling for the local hometown boys. WOOHOO Phinn and Matts!! Chautauqua brew kicks a$$!!!!! yeah, I've had a few tonight....and I stole the chautauqua brew glass too! The Southtowns ROCK!!!!!!!

sorry guys. I'm a transplant as noted by the uniform I showed up in at the last grain pick up.

I just received the Malt Analysis sheets for all the grain ordered.

PM me your email address and i'll forward them you everyone.

I was thinking of buying an 11 pound bag of hops on the next buy (along with about 15 sacks of base malt and any specialty grains that anyone wants to split). I can get citra hops from NCM. If anyone would like to buy some, I will be selling them by the pound. I was planning on keeping about 5 pounds for our club and selling the other 6 if anyone is interested. $8 a half pound and $15 a pound (this price isactually about $2 more than I am paying for them. I raise the price a bit so our club makes a few dollars and so I can donate to the man) . If anyone is interestedin another flavor of hops, and a few guys want them, then I may consider buying another 11 pound bag. Just let me know what you want. Also, if anyone is interested in splitting sacks of specialty, let me know what you want to split, I may take some of that as well.

Back