Something only a Cheesehead Would Understand.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell yes. I used to play with my brother and his friends when I was a kid. I couldn't remember how to play now though; I never play cards. It is embarrassing that I don't know how to play.

Sheepshead. Wow, I grew up with every family gathering ending with the old folks playing that and the kids left to the own devices. Good old' Fox Valley tradition. Lotta people drinking Old Style and Brandy Old Fashioneds back then.

Around here, we always called it schotskopf. (I'm sure I spelled that wrong.)

Yup; every family gathering in Wausau would end up with the older folks playing and us kids running amuck on the farm, messing up the equipment. The funniest thing was that no body wanted to play with my grandmother because she would always cheat!

In high school and junior college in Milwaukee [my home town], we often played Sheepshead, but playing four- or five-handed with an unknown partner just wasn't our "thing." Mostly, we played four-handed "cutthroat" which was one against three. Great fun...and I haven't played in years!

glenn514:mug:

You guys don't understand. I wasn't asking if anyone remembers the game. I was asking if anyone wanted to actually get together and play!!!!

Here I thought you were going to mention 15 year cheddar...I am a little sad. Yes, I have played sheepshead but have a basic distain for any game that is not a drinking game because all my in-laws are over competitive a-holes when it comes to games.

I'm not sure if I am allowed to play outside of deer camp . . . BTW Zamial I got a 9 year old cheddar in the fridge from Mars Cheese Castle. Working on killing off my current stock b4 I jump into that bad boy

Yeah, whatever. Euchre and pinochle are for people not intelligent enough to handle sheepshead.
Euchre is what we played as kids until we were old enough to add up the points in sheepshead. The two most exciting Thanksgiving dinners for a kid in my family was the meal when you got to move from the kids table to the adults number and when you graduated from Euchre to Sheepshead.

Euchre is what we played as kids until we were old enough to add up the points in sheepshead. The two most exciting Thanksgiving dinners for a kid in my family was the meal when you got to move from the kids table to the adults number and when you graduated from Euchre to Sheepshead.

Thank you! You just validated my point!

I always thought Euchre was for people not intelligent enough to handle bridge.

Actually, all trash-talking aside, I was always told that sheepshead was the second-hardest trick-taking game to learn. The hardest, by far, is Skat. Never played that one.

Latest posts

Back