Something has gone woefully wrong

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elleric

Reaction score
So I finally got to set up my keg! I hooked everything up and the gauge was reading 12 psi so I put it in my fridge and left it. A few hours go by and I went to check it... The gauge now reads 25 psi and beer is dripping from the tap!

When the co2 tank is not connected to the keg the pressure gauge reads 12 psi and adjusting the screw on the regulator has the expected effect of increasing or decreasing the reading. I pulled the relief pin a few times and the pressure always returns to the desired 12 psi.

I then take that and connect to the keg. The pressure pops up to 12 but then slowly increases over time to the point where beer is again being forced out of the tap.

While the co2 is not connected to the keg I can hear the co2 slowly flowing through the plastic connector (I dont know if this is supposed to happen)

Help! Help!

You shouldn't be hearing anything leaking when connected or disconnected. Onll should hear the gas pressurizing the keg when first connected.

Back