So, the neighbor hired 2 guys to cut down a tree...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VegasJ

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I see one pull up, backs his truck to a bigger tree & proceeds to wrap a chain around it then over to the tree they were cutting down.

His pard'ner drives up to help...

Once I see their rigg'n I go out and move our vehicles & was met with blank stares.

http://youtu.be/5b9ZUzYxd5Y

:rockin:

Okay, you got my attention and I was grinning ear to ear and ready to watch the video... Then I tried the video, it won't play! Now... I'm bummed out!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Okay, you got my attention and I was grinning ear to ear and ready to watch the video... Then I tried the video, it won't play! Now... I'm bummed out!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Not sure why

does this one work?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b9ZUzYxd5Y&[/ame]

No. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399786195.803747.jpg

Sounds silly. playback is restricted to
YouTube only and probably not from a mobile device at least not an iOS device.

He knew it was going to fall in that direction, I guess he didn't guesstimate the height of the tree too well.

Played fine on my android phone.

It looked like the tree also hit some power or phone lines as it fell, too?

LoL - yup. After recording that SWMBO was in the bathroom and yelled... "WHY ARE THE LIGHTS FLICKERING?!"

I lost it. I was laughing so hard I could barely tell her they damn near took out the lines. I'm actually surprised the wires flopped around like they did and still remained connected!!

As for playback issues, I have no settings restricting playback, I did have allow embedding off but just changed that. Not sure why playback says restricted.

WOW. That could have been an expensive fix if it took out the power lines. A lineman may want to take a look at the connections to see if anything was pulled or damaged. I believe you have to be a licensed arborist to do work like that in town. The sad thing is the owner of the property is responsible for any damages that result for their property. I bet the guys falling the tree are not licensed bonded or insured. Honestly I would share the video on the power company's Facebook I am sure they would live to see it. Make sure the address is included.

I don't get why you did not let them know about the power lines and truck.

Because of the simple rule of NMP

Sent from my iPhone using the sweet Home Brew app, cuz I'm a ****** and I need everyone to know that I have an iPhone as if everyone else in the world doesn't have one.

Because of the simple rule of NMP

OHH, it was there own truck they struck..ok.
I was thinking it was your own.

license, insured and bonded?? I got me self a chainsaw from Lowes and a fancy Little Giant ladder. I can cut that down for $150... or a carton of smokes.

I got me a screwdriver. I'm thinking about going into business as an electrician. What's your neighbor's number?

ok, heck with the truck, but not to say, "hey, ya got power lines over here"? It struck the powerlines, your lights were flickering, at least that was all the damage. And how would you have felt if you lost power for a few days? But if someone would have died because it's not your problem to let them know about the lines? There is a name for people like you, but I can't place the name.

Sounds silly. playback is restricted to
YouTube only and probably not from a mobile device at least not an iOS device.

Worked on my iPad.
Morons, you don't chop a tree down in one cut.......especially in a neiborhood....

ok, heck with the truck, but not to say, "hey, ya got power lines over here"? It struck the powerlines, your lights were flickering, at least that was all the damage. And how would you have felt if you lost power for a few days? But if someone would have died because it's not your problem to let them know about the lines? There is a name for people like you, but I can't place the name.

So what, the op is supposed to take responsibility for everyone arounds actions? And super man his way in to help everyone? That's if he even had time to do anything, and for what? To get into a confrontation with a bunch of idiots that at the least would have ignored him, and at the most started a physical confrontation with him? There's a word for people like you as well, but I won't post...... :/

The OP wasn't the one who replied "NMP" earlier. Just throwing that out there. And if those... professionals... didn't see the power lines or truck then, well they should not be in the tree cutting biz.

"M-O-O-N. That spells Tree Service."

The OP wasn't the one who replied "NMP" earlier.

lol and I'm sorry about that, op.

Sent from my iPhone using the sweet Home Brew app, cuz I'm a ****** and I need everyone to know that I have an iPhone as if everyone else in the world doesn't have one.

So what, the op is supposed to take responsibility for everyone arounds actions? And super man his way in to help everyone? That's if he even had time to do anything, and for what? To get into a confrontation with a bunch of idiots that at the least would have ignored him, and at the most started a physical confrontation with him? There's a word for people like you as well, but I won't post...... :/

Sometimes Its just better to let them prove Darwin was right

I believe the word you're searching for is "self righteous packer fan"...

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

HA HA. Insert Penguins falling over like trees joke "here". Damn if only Sidney Crosby was there and not the truck! Am I right? Seriously though what a bunch of morons. Tell me When the power company came out you caught the explanation of what happened on tape. Please tell me you did! "I don't know what happened sir. I cut the tree like I have a dozen.... I mean a thousand times before..... And it just hopped and skipped its way out far enough to hit my truck. I was going to thread the needle and miss the power line but god must have stepped in."

1, they had a chain from the falling tree and a come-a-long over to a bigger tree in hopes to avoid the power lines. They knew those were there. The lines didn't pop out as they cut the tree.

2, by the looks I got when I walked out and moved my vehicles in anticipation of exactly what followed... I do believe they would've given 0 f**ks if I told them about the lines.

I have one growing near the edge of the driveway that'll need to be cut eventually. Maybe I should call these guys? :drunk::D "But officer,how was I to know it was going to fall on the neighbors $50,000 brand new SUV"???

When I was young my dad and I went to his friend's house to cut down his large maple tree. We had two pickups pulling it in one direction. Do you think it fell that way??

No, it fell across the power line that went to his neighbor's house. Bent the riser where the lines ran into their house and scared the living crap out of them. Insurance paid for the repairs but I felt bad because the neighbor was the playground lady from elementary school and she was always very nice. We were lucky there was no fire.

I'll be honest, that may have been the ONLY time we didn't get a tree to fall where we wanted it to. Between trimming certain branches to cause a lean in the other direction, to pulling with tackle and ropes, we had pretty good luck.

I bet the guys in that video did not think about measuring the tree's height using triangulation. It's a pretty easy thing to do with a clinometer and some simple math.

Christ. I had a tree cut down right in front of my old house. Right next to the house (which is why it had to go). Right near the power lines. They came up with a bucket truck and took it down in chunks. Didn't try and fell the whole thing at once in the middle of a neighborhood. You ain't out in the woods! No harm, no foul. Three guys, and they had it down in maybe two hours, tops. Cost me $250. Is it that hard to find competent help?

Christ. I had a tree cut down right in front of my old house. Right next to the house (which is why it had to go). Right near the power lines. They came up with a bucket truck and took it down in chunks. Didn't try and fell the whole thing at once in the middle of a neighborhood. You ain't out in the woods! No harm, no foul. Three guys, and they had it down in maybe two hours, tops. Cost me $250. Is it that hard to find competent help?

That's what I paid to have a dead cedar removed. It was huge and standing between power lines on two sides of it, my patio cover on the third side, and a fence on the fourth. It was completely surrounded. So the guy climbed, cutting branches on his way up, then cut his way back down about a foot at a time. He was nutty as he|| but got the job done well.

My neighbor (a Doctor) decided to cut up a tree in his yard today.

At one point he was cutting the limb between the ladder and the trunk, that is when I decided to leave for the afternoon, so I wont feel I should act in case of a emergency.

I set up my gopro camera before I left just in case

My neighbor (a Doctor) decided to cut up a tree in his yard today.

At one point he was cutting the limb between the ladder and the trunk, that is when I decided to leave for the afternoon, so I wont feel I should act in case of a emergency.

I set up my gopro camera before I left just in case
My fire chief did something similar once; needed to trim a branch a ways up a tree. Sets up his extension ladder and climbs up with his bow saw. As he cuts, the branch is shaking, bouncing the ladder -- so he tied the top rung to the branch. Except...when he finally cut through, the mass of branch he was trimming off was great enough that the branch raised up about a foot and a half.

Picking his ladder (and him) up with it. Now he's on an extension ladder, which is tied to a tree branch, and no longer touching the ground. Said it was kind of interesting getting down. Had to back his pickup under the ladder in order to give it a base so he could climb back up and untie it.

Back