So I won the Sam Adams Come brew with us PNW sweepstakes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loodachris

12th man loud and proud!
Reaction score
All I had to do was text in a to a number and a couple months later I get a call that says I won. I was supposed to win a brewing session in Seattle and a travel certificate but a miss communication between sales people and the promotions department ended all that. Now almost a year later they fixed everything by sending me a bottle of their Utopias and a kegerator is on the way via UPS freight. Do you think the beer is worth to drink or would you sell it and pocket some cash?

DSC00862 by Ludahchris, on Flickr

Congratulations, never had any so i can't tell you how good it is but unless i needed the money i would put on the side and save it for a special occasion, that is if the devil on my shoulder would let me;);)

ya know for how unique that beer is I would drink if with some great friends. I mean would you ever go out and BUY yourself a bottle? Me neither! But if I was to WIN one, man I would have to try it just because! But that's just me.

Congrats on the win for sure!

Cheers
Jay

Even if u don't drink and just display it, its still an awesome conversation piece to have laying around, till that one time u finally open it

Drink it with some dear craft beer fans. One guy in my brewclub tried it at GABF, and bought three bottles, he liked it so much.

You won't remember the cash, you will remember cracking that baby open.

I was at a bar that let you buy 2oz at a time of it. It doesn't taste like beer at all, it's not carbonated. It's more like a sherry or cognac. If somebody handed it to you and didn't tell you what it was you very well might not like it. Now that I've tried it, I would not pay for a bottle, or another 2oz of it ($25). Sure if I saw a bottle for $25 I'd get it in a second, I'd want my friends to try it for the same reason I tried it. As a "beer" I don't like it, as a beverage it's very interesting and has a lot going on.

I'd keep it, it's your trophy. Like somebody else said, the cash will be spent, you can keep this forever.

Special occasion with friends who will appreciate it and then drink it with them. Only so many times in life does something show up at your door that you didn't have to pay for. Those should be enjoyed. Save your investments for something you planned.

I'm sitting on a few bottles of '82 Bordeaux wine for a special occasion. Most of it will probably taste like crap, but it was given to me by my father-in-law in a gentleman's agreement that it will be enjoyed by drinking, not selling.

It's kind of like owning a Ferrari. You can't drive it every day, spends a lot of time sitting and waiting, but when you take it out, it's oh so worth it. (No, I don't own a Ferarri, but I know people who do, and that's pretty much the sentiment from them.)

Wow, that's a lot of words from me to basically say, Hold on to it and enjoy it.

I'm for sure going to give it a taste and share it with friends. Considering the price and the fact I would never buy a bottle of this with my cash money I gotta try it. The wife has already planned on using the empty bottle for her home made blackberry liquor (which is delicious) so I have to crack it open here soon. I already have a fridge with a tap on it and room for more taps when needed so the kegerator that's coming I might sell and buy some steel for my brew sculpture that I have no idea how to build :)

keep the beer and drink it. It's just beer. You should open it on a special or not so special occasion with friends and or family. Cheers.

All I had to do was text in a to a number and a couple months later I get a call that says I won. I was supposed to win a brewing session in Seattle and a travel certificate but a miss communication between sales people and the promotions department ended all that. Now almost a year later they fixed everything by sending me a bottle of their Utopias and a kegerator is on the way via UPS freight. Do you think the beer is worth to drink or would you sell it and pocket some cash?

DSC00862 by Ludahchris, on Flickr

That's awesome, congrats!

Latest posts

Back