SMaSH recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy915

Reaction score
Why is there no SMaSH catagory on the recipe data base? I know they're basic beers but I would like to read peoples reviews. Just a thought

Dude, I totally agree. This is a much needed and delayed topic. Bumping the dick out of this.

There was an awesome post where this guy posted his recipe and artwork for a 12-saint dedicated series of different hops to match the saints with the same grain-bill. I believe they were all SMaSH, but I can't seem to find them. I wonder where that post went..

There is a list somewhere...but i think putting it in the recipe database is a great idea.

The only thing about smashes is they all fit in a category already, which is why there isnt a category. but i agree its extraordinary enough for its own category here. Theres a smash group but a categroy would be more efficient.

Agreed, and Amen.

If SMaSHes are supposed to be for allowing one to evaluate the effect that a given malt and a given hop have on a beer, then it would follow that the reviews of these particular beers would be more valuable than reviews for less specifically "scientific" beers.

I have searched for something like this (a SMaSH) recipe/review listing, and have been unsuccessful. I do not know why I did not bring this up first.

Well done, billy915!!!

Back