Slow WLP090 or Finshed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjphoto

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I chose the White Labs WLP090 because I was under a pretty strict timeframe to get a brew done. I brewed an all grain recipe that I made up myself with an OG of 1.050 and an estimated FG of 1.011. It's been two weeks now and the airlock activity has stopped and I am sitting at 1.011 but there is still a thick layer of krausen/yeast/dry hop on top of the beer. Is this normal? Will cold crashing the beer drop this out?

Thanks,

Matt

20170929_083748.jpg

If you have a layer which is touches the wall all around, it might be that the "cake" is stuck to the sides of the fermentor, and trapped co2 beneath it is keeping it afloat.

thanks @smellyglove If i mix it around a bit/give it a gentle shake will it drop out? Am I ok to just give it a stir then start cold crashing?

Just give it a kick/punch/bump or just rug it, and see what happens after a few hours. Did you post the pic in your initial post? If so, I'm blind. Seems like that long "sausage" in the middle there is inflated with co2.

Latest posts

Back