Slimmest keg available

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowellsPub

Reaction score
I’m looking for a small keg (2-3 gallons) for nitro coffee that I can put on the hump of my kegerator. The 2.5g slimline torpedo keg from morebeer looked like a great fit, but it is about 1/4” too wide :(. The closest I found are the 1/2 gallon or 1 gallon pressurized growler kits (eg https://sinobatoo.com/product/64oz-...em-bring-you-creamy-textured-coffee-w-o-milk/)

What is the slimmest 2-3 gallon keg you’ve ever seen? It needs to be less than 8” in diameter. Ideally 7.5” in diameter or less. Thanks in advance!

Have you removed the inner liner from your 'kegerator' door? You may gain 1/2 - 1 inch of space there, perhaps more.

Thanks, these are good ideas! The kegerator is pretty new and all stainless inside, so I’d rather not modify it.

The kegs from williamsbrewing look good though. The 10L won’t fit because I only have 20” of clearance and I think ball locks would put that over 20”. However, the 5L keg they have would fit. It’s smaller than I hoped for, but beggars can’t be choosers. My only concern is the 30 psi blow off valve. I think nitro cold brew coffee needs to be at 35-40 psi, right? Has anyone replaced a blowoff valve with one rated at a higher pressure? The keg itself says it is rated for 45 psi max.

Has anyone on this site tried these kegs? I may give it a shot and report back, but I’d love to hear some first hand experience if possible.

Let me know if anyone has other ideas. This is awesome to get such good feedback so quickly. Really appreciate the help!

I have two of the 5L kegs in a mini-fridge with a tap installed in the door. I use a 20oz paintball tank with a mini-regulator to supply CO2. This setup has been working well. I believe mine are Chinese made, but more or less the same as the KegLand ones.

Not purchased from Williams or the link in the original post, but I have similar kegs and I use them for nitro coffee. They work fine.

I use ball lock kegs in my kegerator. I can fit (3) 5g kegs along with (1) 3g on the hump. Using all ball lock was the only way it would fit as the pin lock are a little wider.

Latest posts

Back