Siphon storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freki

Reaction score
I'm curious how y'all store your auto siphons. Been looking at reorganizing and trying to find ideas on a way to store them without moisture sitting in the siphon or tubing until I need it again.

I used to just run hot water through mine to clean it, then pull some phosphoric sanitiser through it for a minute or two, drain as best as I could, then hang it on a hook. If some moisture stayed, I figured it was mostly acidic. Clean and sanitise again before use. Never had a contamination. But I haven't used it for about 2 years now anyway.

I store a lot of that equipment in a plastic milk crate. Holes in the bottom of the crate allow for airflow and drying. My hoses I usually hang on a hook in the garage.

Store it any way you want but be sure to leave the siphon unassembled to prevent the rubber plunger from developing a set...

Cheers!

Store it any way you want but be sure to leave the siphon unassembled to prevent the rubber plunger from developing a set...

Cheers!
And if you store the outer tube upside down, then the valve in the bottom will stay open and help to keep moisture from getting trapped inside.

Latest posts

Back