Shout out to your favorite online brew store.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbeachroach

Reaction score
Greetings fellow Home Brewers!

Since Christmas is in a couple of hours and many of us will be ordering stuff with money that we got and gift cards, I thought it would be a great idea to do a shout out to your favorite online brew store.

This will draw attention to your favorite store so that we can all share and know who's out there and what they're known for.

My shout out goes to Austin homebrew

They are always super supportive when you called with questions, and they have some excellent recipes for mini mash. I have never tried anything there that I did not like.

I recommend their Russian Imperial Stout recipe.

I get 90% of my ingredients at Southhillsbrewing.com. Their Country Wines store is local to me. Fantastic service.

For bulk hop orders, I go to Farmhousebrewingsupply.com. Great selection and fast shipping.

For everything else I go to Morebeer.com. Their east coast warehouse is about 40 minutes from me so shipping is almost always next day by default.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Some very good stuff here, I like the exposure of hearing about some new places that we can all check out.

Adventures in Homebrewing...my go to place for equipment!

I also vote for morebeer.com, and hopsdirect.com for wholesale hops!

My LHBS is Maltose Express can’t speak any more highly of them and they have a great deal on grain mixes 1.60/pound!

Brewhardware.com
Ritebrew.com
Adventures in Homebrewing
Chicagobrewwerks.com (local to me, so I go there and shop in store)

I've had great experiences at all of these. Ritebrew will probably be getting my gift cards this year.

Morebeer.com for grains and most equipment
yakimavalleyhops.com for hops
Adventures in Homebrewing for the new kegs I buy

Learn to Brew in Edmond Ok. Austin Home Brew when I'm not going to the city anytime soon.

Which home brew supply store that is the best also depends on where you live. I like fresh ingredients and fast shipping. I have been with Northern Brewer since my first computer with an internet connection. I'm only a few days away from there Minneapolis location in UPS shipping days. Even if I weren't a moderator on the NB forum I would still be ordering from NB.

In no particular order, these are my faves.

Adventures in Homebrewing, awesome selection. Morebeer.com - best prices on fermonsters. Hopsdirect - best prices for bulk hops. Brewandgrow.com - best prices on sacks of bulk grain, great selection, plus they are my LHBS and have a great staff.

Morebeer.com for sure. I have done a lot of business with them (some high dollar items) and they always go above and beyond with their customer service. Plus free shipping on orders over $59. I live in Iowa and their orders usually ship the day after I place it and arrive at my door two days after that.

MoreBeer for malt and Adventures in Homebrewing for just about everything else. I have started supporting the local guy more. BrewHaHa in Jackson, Ms. if he doesn’t have it he can get it in a few days.

I like that this thread is getting a little bit sticky, spread the word to your friends so we can keep it going and check out these awesome places.

Lots of places I have not tried here - will have to check some of them out.

In no particular order:

MoreBeer for a variety of specialty grains; 10 lb lots are reasonably priced with free shipping over $59, and full sacks are a good price and only $12 shipping to me. Equipment and other supplies are pretty expensive.

LabelPeelers for grains, bottle caps, and other items. Wait for one of their 35% - 40% sale days, otherwise they are high priced.

Northern Brewer used to be good for sacks of grain with one of their 20% off sales, but in the last year they seem to have increased the price of all their sacks, and their shipping seems inflated too - no longer reasonably priced to me even with the 20% off; InBev trying to increase profits I guess. Their $20 kit sales are a great price when they have them, and you get the $7.99 shipping too. That may be the only thing I buy from them in the future. Grain and other supplies seem expensive. If you plan to buy from them, get one of their gift cards when they have sales on them (buy $100 gift card, get $20 card free) - basically reduces all costs (even shipping) by 17% when using a card this way.

RiteBrew; no gimmicks, no sales, just decent everyday prices on almost everything. If you just bought from them, you wouldn't go far wrong. I feel bad not buying more from them. They need to be supported.

Direct Hops and Yakima Valley Hops for all hops. I only buy hops in bulk, 4 or 5 lbs at a time.

Lots of places I have not tried here - will have to check some of them out.

In no particular order:

MoreBeer for a variety of specialty grains; 10 lb lots are reasonably priced with free shipping over $59, and full sacks are a good price and only $12 shipping to me. Equipment and other supplies are pretty expensive.

LabelPeelers for grains, bottle caps, and other items. Wait for one of their 35% - 40% sale days, otherwise they are high priced.

Northern Brewer used to be good for sacks of grain with one of their 20% off sales, but in the last year they seem to have increased the price of all their sacks, and their shipping seems inflated too - no longer reasonably priced to me even with the 20% off; InBev trying to increase profits I guess. Their $20 kit sales are a great price when they have them, and you get the $7.99 shipping too. That may be the only thing I buy from them in the future. Grain and other supplies seem expensive. If you plan to buy from them, get one of their gift cards when they have sales on them (buy $100 gift card, get $20 card free) - basically reduces all costs (even shipping) by 17% when using a card this way.

RiteBrew; no gimmicks, no sales, just decent everyday prices on almost everything. If you just bought from them, you wouldn't go far wrong. I feel bad not buying more from them. They need to be supported.

Direct Hops and Yakima Valley Hops for all hops. I only buy hops in bulk, 4 or 5 lbs at a time.

I avoid Midwest and Northern because of the InBev deal, but I’ll be damned if the $20 kit sale aren’t tempting every year.

It...depends on what I need.

For grain and other ingredients, Ritebrew.com can't be beat, especially if I can get by there to pick it up. Lowest prices on grain of anywhere I've seen.

I've done a lot of business with Morebeer.com. As my equipment needs have grown fewer, less time spent there. I have....I think six of their Torpedo kegs. But I always look there.

For certain kinds of brewing hardware, Brewhardware.com has great stuff and good prices. Watch a couple of Bobby's videos if you want to see someone who knows how to explain things on video. I just ordered some camlock fittings from him. I trust that what I get is going to work, and work correctly.

Frankly, there aren't very many bad online vendors. I've done business with most of the ones mentioned above, and have no bad things to say about any of them.

Morebeer, yakimavalleyhops, labelpeelers, and most of the sites aforementioned when I shop for the best deals on a particular item

It...depends on what I need.

For grain and other ingredients, Ritebrew.com can't be beat, especially if I can get by there to pick it up. Lowest prices on grain of anywhere I've seen.

I've done a lot of business with Morebeer.com. As my equipment needs have grown fewer, less time spent there. I have....I think six of their Torpedo kegs. But I always look there.

For certain kinds of brewing hardware, Brewhardware.com has great stuff and good prices. Watch a couple of Bobby's videos if you want to see someone who knows how to explain things on video. I just ordered some camlock fittings from him. I trust that what I get is going to work, and work correctly.

Frankly, there aren't very many bad online vendors. I've done business with most of the ones mentioned above, and have no bad things to say about any of them.

I forgot about the several hundred bucks I’ve spent in cam locks and tri clamps. Bobby is solid when it comes to fittings. I can’t recommend brewhardware.com enough.

Morebeer.com for most stuff.

Bargainfittings.com for fittings and silicone hose.

+1 for Ritebrew if you're in the midwest especially. If you're in Sioux Falls go see Russ at Steins and Vines. Almost as good prices there as Ritebrew.

Morebeer, Homebrew Supply, AIH, all good too!

I went to check out Ritebrew.com and loved the price of their grains. A bit extra to crush but whatever

But man, living far from them sucks for shipping! It really sucks

Keg Connection! Customer service this good is very hard to come by these days.

Back