Should I even bother bottling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yotebeth

Reaction score
Hello!

So here is my problem. A few months ago I made some cider. I've made it before, so I'm not worried on that part. I get it in the carboy and leave it to do its thing.

By the recipe I'm using I was supposed to bottle it Aug 14.

Well, life got in the way and I've literally not had time to bottle it. It's been sitting in that carboy 2 months longer than my recipe says, and I'm not sure if its going to be any good, or if it dosn't matter how long its been sitting there.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Bottle it! I wish i had the opportunity- read: patience- to let cider sit that long.

If it's been on the lees in a warm place, you might want to age it a bit more (ie, you left it sitting in primary)

If it's been in the 2ndary.... bottle it and try not to drink too much in one go!

If you've been drinking your ciders that young where two months seems long to you, it will probably be the best cider you've ever tasted. My youngest ciders don't get bottled for a minimum of 6 months, and most of them don't get drunk til they've been at least a year old or more.

Back