Should I be worried?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXjayhawk

Reaction score
Brewed Cream of 3 Crops 2 weeks ago and the FG has been at 1006 for 5 days now. Fermented it in a plastic bucket and transferred to a glass secondary for cold crashing and gelatin findings. I am worried as the beer is murky and the airlock on the secondary is bubbling. Should I be worried?

Nope. Just let it sit. Be patient. Most of my beers spend a minimum of three to four weeks in the primary fermenter on the yeast cake.

1.006, sounds as though the beer fermented very well. The beer is doing just fine. Remember, once you bottle and the yeast, after doing their business will go to sleep, drop to the bottom of the bottle and clear out of the beer.

Patience and temperature control are your friends. :mug:

So although the beer has been at 35 degrees for 36 hours, it could still cause the airlock to bubble?

Airlock bubbling at this point is not due to fermentation (as you said 1.006 gravity for 5 days so it is done). Changes in beer temperature (specifically warming), changes in barometric pressure, or agitation of the beer can all lead to airlock activity.

Jro238 is right on. There is CO2 dissolved in solution. It's just coming out due to environmental influence.

Back