Setting up Nitrogen taps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewbush

Reaction score
I am currently in the process of building a keezer and was planning on both CO2 and Nitrogen.

My ideal plan would be to have both beer and wine on tap.
For wine I have read that I can keg and purge headspace and push with nitrogen.
However if I also wanted stouts/low carb beers served with a stout faucet (which I do) I would need beergas and NOT pure nitrogen.

Can beergas also be used with wine, or will the small amount of CO2 eventually cause carbonation?

Anyone ever push wine out through a stout faucet? It would degas it before your glass in the event beergas would carbonate it?

Or for my set up would it require CO2, Nitrogen, AND beergas?

Thanks

I am currently in the process of building a keezer and was planning on both CO2 and Nitrogen.

My ideal plan would be to have both beer and wine on tap.
For wine I have read that I can keg and purge headspace and push with nitrogen.
However if I also wanted stouts/low carb beers served with a stout faucet (which I do) I would need beergas and NOT pure nitrogen.

Can beergas also be used with wine, or will the small amount of CO2 eventually cause carbonation?

Anyone ever push wine out through a stout faucet? It would degas it before your glass in the event beergas would carbonate it?

Or for my set up would it require CO2, Nitrogen, AND beergas?

Thanks

Nitrogen will dilute in your wine over time so you will end up with Nitro Wine (similar to stout on nitro - tiny bubbles).
Ideally you want some carbonation from CO2 in your beer in addition to Nitrogen. You can reapply CO2 once in a while, but it may be difficult to maintain consistent balance of CO2 to Nitrogen. You could try to mix gases but it's more work than just getting beer gas.

You can carb beer with co2 and push it with 100% nitro. If you find it going a little flat, purge the headspace and zap it with co2 momentarily. Wine on 100% nitro is the only way not to make it fizzy but you will not be pushing it at 30 psi like the beer.

You can carb beer with co2 and push it with 100% nitro. If you find it going a little flat, purge the headspace and zap it with co2 momentarily. Wine on 100% nitro is the only way not to make it fizzy but you will not be pushing it at 30 psi like the beer.

So by the sounds of it, if I only want to deal with 2 tanks and not 3, I need to either pick wine on tap or having a beergas set up.

Hmmmm....decisions decisions.

Latest posts

Back