Sending Beer bottles samples across USA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have some full plastic bottles I would like to send across USA and since I am from Canada do not know the proper process. Thanks if you respond. I am near Mission Texas right now.

All kinds of restrictions. One way around it is you are not sending beer, you are sending yeast samples. Another is to just box it up and send it. Just make sure it's packed real good.

Not positive but I think I heard it's better to do UPS and not USPS. Something about government shipping vs private. I do know that plenty of people ship beer to competitions.

Always *legally* recommended to ship UPS/Fedex but I have shipped USPS as well because of the flat rate shipping with good results as long as it's packed properly. Plastic should be fine. I print my USPS labels at home, pack extremely well and drop off the self kiosk. Never had any issues.

Always *legally* recommended to ship UPS/Fedex but I have shipped USPS as well because of the flat rate shipping with good results as long as it's packed properly. Plastic should be fine. I print my USPS labels at home, pack extremely well and drop off the self kiosk. Never had any issues.

Same here...kiosk is your friend when shipping.

I shipped 6 bombers to my buddy in the AF whose stationed in Japan...took a month but it go there no problem!

I sent 64oz to a buddy in NC from CA, and I just bubble wrapped the bottles, and put them in a box with peanuts. Used UPS, and it got there safe and sound.

Technically it's illegal to ship it through the US Postal Service.

It's technically against their rules to ship it through UPS or Fedex, but not illegal.

So I end up going with UPS or Fedex. As others have stated, your best bet is to box/wrap them yourselves, print out the shipping label online, and just drop off the box at a UPS Store or Fedex/Kinko's without telling them what's in it--they really won't ask questions anyway.

I have a better idea! On your way north, stop in San Marcos and leave them here. I promise they will be safe................but I won't guarantee they will arrive at your destination.

Seriously, if you're headed this way let me know and I'd love to have you stop in!

Back