Secret Santa Ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Challenger440

Reaction score
So what are some good ideas for secret santa gifts? In my case I am looking for ~$20 for a male coworker, but feel free to discuss general ideas as well.

If it were a girl I would say picture frames. All girls love picture frames, and the price is right.

For a guy, I think it is a bit harder as there is no one thing that all guys love. I like the homebrew idea, but some people might take it the wrong way (imagine how you would feel if someone drew you a picture as a present even if you don't collect art). If you want to go beer I would go with a hand picked mixed 6er and some cool glassware like a snifter or oversized tulip.

Picture frames?! Got a closet full of 'em. I will grant that I'm not your average girl, tho. ;)

Hmmm $20, male gift...I'd go with a multi tool he can keep in his desk for odd jobs. Or meat. Meat always works.

Toys, all men are really big children, so anything suitable for a 10 year old is perfect.....

+1 on toys. The Havoc Heli is a toy helicopter, about $25 at Walmart & even though it's for kids, it's a LOT of fun for an adult too! It's even made to be flown indoors; you can't go wrong with it. Regards, GF.

Toys, all men are really big children, so anything suitable for a 10 year old is perfect.....

Yeah, I really can't disagree with that. I always go to the dollar store and buy stupid toys for all my friends.

Flashlights. A man can never have too many flashlights. LED flashlights are cool, they come in all sizes and shapes and uses. Keep one in the car, the other car, next to the bed, in the kitchen, in the bathroom, in the garage, in your backpack/briefcase etc.

Lottery tickets are really good for secret santa too. Just get a bunch of different scratch offs.

Uh, beer? Good beer? We did our Yankee Swap thing at work last night, my contribution was a basket of a half-dozen bombers of really good local craft brews.

Uh, beer? Good beer? We did our Yankee Swap thing at work last night, my contribution was a basket of a half-dozen bombers of really good local craft brews.

And what if the guy is a bud light only drinker? A couple 30 packs?

+1 on toys. The Havoc Heli is a toy helicopter, about $25 at Walmart & even though it's for kids, it's a LOT of fun for an adult too! It's even made to be flown indoors; you can't go wrong with it. Regards, GF.

Really, does this thing last? I bought a cheap helicopter after the holidays last year and it literally only lasted 10 minutes. Crashed it and it couldn't fly anymore. Is the one you mention any more durable?

Really, does this thing last? I bought a cheap helicopter after the holidays last year and it literally only lasted 10 minutes. Crashed it and it couldn't fly anymore. Is the one you mention any more durable?

I bought one for my nephew year before last & it's still in good shape, I flew it a couple months ago. Certainly not the greatest RC helicopter out there, (it's designed for 8 yr olds), but it's definately a lot of fun & inexpensive. It does tend to pick up hair on the rotor shaft though. Regards, GF.

You can get better ones for not much more money(About $30). Look for a 3 channel one as you have much more control than a 2 channel and it is no harder to fly. 2 Channel will always be moving forward and you cannot hover with it. The 3 channel you can control forwards and backwards movements.

They are designed to handle crashes well so that should not effect them. The biggest problem with the cheaper ones are the batteries. That is where the longevity fails. The batteries are so small that after a few months of heavy use it will not hold a charge very well anymore.

Been there...
n68603253_31944837_8659.jpg

n68603253_31944841_9654.jpg

n68603253_31944846_953.jpg

I was the only one out of 5 of us that actually thought it tasted pretty good. According to our calculations it was about 500 calories or something like that per 1/4in slice.

The only secret santa I do anymore is at a brewpub. It is actually next wednesday. It is easy though because any liquor or good beer and everyone is happy.

You gotta go with a good bottle of beer. A nice $20 750ml bomber would be perfect. Personally, I like to go the Allagash route. But everyone's selection is gonna differ by location I suppose.

You gotta go with a good bottle of beer. A nice $20 750ml bomber would be perfect. Personally, I like to go the Allagash route. But everyone's selection is gonna differ by location I suppose.

You talking to me or in general. If you were talking in general I think that is a horrible idea. Unless I know specfically who it is for and know them fairly well I will never buy alcohol for someone, especially beer. The vast majority of people don't like good beer and it would be a waste of beer and they would probably think they got jipped.

Just get a box and throw in a pack of tissues, a bottle of lotion, and an underwear magazine. That's what I did for the company gift swap this year. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Latest posts

Back