second batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nivaguk

Reaction score
I have just put my second batch in which is the Coopers English bitter and from what i have read people are saying it is a really nice bitter to drink.

My first batch was the Coopers real ale bottled and carbonating can't wit to test them.

Just 1 little thing though in England the bitter we drink is pretty flat and if it needs carbonating i will be using carbonated drops would 1 drop per bottle be enough?

One carb drop per 12oz bottle. The cooper's PET bottles take two drops per bottle. The Cooper's English bitter is great with pit bbq. Even made into a mop sauce is good on ribs & beef.

Home brew bitter into a sauce what a brilliant idea:rockin:

Well,it's a mop sauce used to keep the meat moist. So it's more of a liquid than a thick finishing sauce. Here's what's in it;
1 12oz bottle Cooper's English bitter
1tsp worcestershire sauce
1tsp onion powder
1tsp garlic powder
1/2tsp each red & black pepper
Mix all well & place in some kind of airtight container in fridge overnight to develope flavors. I use 1-2" painbrushes to spread it on the meat. Using wood on the coals dry that give lighter smoke flavors. Like ash. Maple or alder would be great too. I've used pin oak,but that makes it spicier than the others.

Back