Seattle beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scraggybeard

Reaction score
I'm travelling to Seattle this weekend for a conference. Anyone haverecommendations for breweries or bars or restaurants or other good stuff? Thanks in advance!

Elysian is a good one...capital hill area. Also there is a good restaurant there called Machiavellis that is a great neighborhood italian place. If you're looking for a college scene Big Time Brewery is cool and good beers. Here's a link to a map of breweries. Fremont is a cool area also and has some good breweries...

http://seattle.curbed.com/maps/seattle-breweries-map-list-beer-every-brewery

Elysian is easiest to get to by the Stadiums. Counterbalance is near our local LHBS in Georgetown near Elysian's main brewery, Seapine and Ghostfish are just south of the Stadiums (SODO). Seapine has some funky IPAs and Ghostfish is 100% gluten free. Pyramid is also in SODO. Bad Jimmys and Lagunitas (Petaluma) are in Ballard.

Elliott Bay Brewery in West Seattle and Burien is one of my favs, and while in the Southend you can visit Four Horsemen and Odin, in Tukwila.

The Eastside has Postdoc and Mac and Jacks and Bellevue Brewing company. Postdoc is really good, and Mac and Jacks is extremely solid.

Kirkland has Redbook, a little further is Diamond Knot in Mukilteo. I'm sure I missed a few, but those are some good locals.

Holy Mountain is the most unique brewery experience in Seattle right now. They specialize in Brett and oak. Terrific beers.

More from the South End: Airways in Kent (www.airwaysbrewing.com) has some great beers, and they have a bistro now as well with yummy food. Rail Hopp'n (find em on facebook, no website yet, also shameless plug) is a guy who runs a pub out of his garage, some of them brewed with the assistance of yours truly (as I said, shameless plug).

Fremont. Walk to a ton of great breweries in the area, including Fremont and Stoup!

My favorite Seattle watering hole is Pine Box. Elysian is near enough to PB, so I usually do both of them, then hit this great Frites place nearby that I cannot remember the name of which also has amazing beers. If you have a chance to cross the sound, there are several nice breweries over there that I love, including Sound and Valholl.

You will love the beer scene in that fine city. Pours in my area are 2-3x what they are there, and the beer there is a bit better to boot. Enjoy!

Where across the Sound?

Poulsbo...https://www.soundbrewery.com/

Highly recommend you take the ferry over to Bremerton and drive up to Poulsbo. Hike in the Olympic National park area to work up a thirst if you like and then drive over to Poulsbo...several good breweries there. There are a couple of good places to drink in Silverdale as well.

Fremont & Ballard areas are really cool too. Lagunitas has a tap room in Fremont, but I would focus on the local scene as they are special. Have fun and stay safe!

Latest posts

Back