Scotland Breweries to visit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mj1angier

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We are heading out the 1st part of May for a trip to Scotland. Flying into Glasgow, driving up to Pitlochry, up thru the Highlands to the Aberlour area a couple nights, then back down to Linlithgow. We will get on the train to London for 3 nights.

I have been trying to learn to like Scotch, but I am a Bourbon man, lol. So I am hoping to find some local breweries to visit.

Any thoughts?

There's always Brewdog in Aberdeen...

Also... not liking Scotch...that's a shame... I'd probably be accused of smuggling when I tried to come back with all the Scotch I'd want.

I grew up in Aberlour - do a tour of the local distilleries and you'll learn to like whisky! So far as beers go - I got this list a few years ago but it covers good Scottish beers still:

- Deuchar's IPA, Caledonian Brewery
- Caledonian 80/-
- Harviestoun's Bitter and Twisted (anything from Harviestoun is good)
- Any of Stewart Brewing's beers.
- Anything from Broughton Brewery from the Borders
- Anything from Tryst
- Inveralmond ales are decent, Especially "Thrappledouser"
- If you see Highland Brewery's "Dark Munro", drink it.
- Isle of Arran Brewery
- Fyne Ales , my favorite
- Cairngorm beers are good, especially "Sheepshaggers"
- Orkney ales are good enough

Scotch, check out Ben Nevis. Small old distillery that does not export to the US. They have some really nice selections, though, it's been 15 years since I went last.

Latest posts

Back