Scored a couple of new HD 10 Gallon coolers for $25

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toecutter

Reaction score
Theres a place in my neighborhood called Water Heater Depot that buys clearance/overstock/returns from Home Depot, Sears, Lowes, K-mart and others, and resells the stuff. Lots of good deals to be had. I have been watching for the coolers for a couple of months, he usually gets lots of the 5 gallon ones. Anyhoo, he got 10 truck loads of stuff in yesterday and lo and behold 3, 10 gallon coolers were in the load, brand new, just a little dust. so I bought 2 for $25. One for a new mash tun and one for a sparge water receptacle. I use a 52 qt rectangular cooler now but have wanted to convert to a round cooler for some time. I brew 10 gallon batches

Kudos for you, that's a great deal. Now the question is....false bottom or bazooka screen?

Kudos for you, that's a great deal. Now the question is....false bottom or bazooka screen?

I dident have much luck with a bazooka screen in my rectangular cooler, so I built a copper manifold, then a custom SS false bottom above the manifold. I might look into a round domed FB for this MT.

Sparge water receptacle. AKA hot liquor tank (HLT). I prefer the former.

I dident have much luck with a bazooka screen in my rectangular cooler, so I built a copper manifold, then a custom SS false bottom above the manifold. I might look into a round domed FB for this MT.

I'm having good results with my screen, but I'm interested in your fb for a rectangle cooler

I'm having good results with my screen, but I'm interested in your fb for a rectangle cooler

I bought a piece of SS perforated sheet and cut it to fit then I used SS screws long enough so it would stand just above the copper manifold

Latest posts

Back