Score! Allavino Cabinet!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobadays

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Had to share... First post to the "Wine Side" of the tracks!

So I am in the local Habitat for Humanity ReStore the other day and what do I find? A 172 bottle, dual temp zone wine cabinet... $1,500-$2,000 unit depending where you buy it.

I ask the manager if it works (wasn't plugged in) and he says yes...works great. He gave me the back story. We live in an area of north central AZ that has a lot of "cabins" and don't be thinking Appalachia one room falling down cabins but... you know just the little $500,000 to "sky's the limit" kind of cabins.

The cabinet was in the basement of one of these "cabins" along with 4 more! The owner decided he didn't really need 5 so he donated this one to Habitat... that kind of money....

My wife happens to be the accountant for Habitat here (uh writes the checks!) so she sweet talked the manager down a bit and we walk away with this thing for $750.00...score! Now we have a MUCH better place to store those 8+ cases of wine than in the closet!

Cheers!

WineCabinet.jpg

Uh.... Sorry about the Appalachia comment...

Eastern Oregon? (where I'm originally from) Uh...rural...Somewhere America - with one room cabins?? Wherever...just trying for an analogy. didn't mean to strike a nerve...

The wine cabinet is pretty sweet though!

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back