Schoolhouse Beer and Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DromJohn

5 Gallon Partial-Something Brewer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I had a very pleasant visit at Schoolhouse Beer and Brewing last night; a nice clean store with 20 taps of interesting and quality beer. Schoolhouse sells grain by the ounce; have a wide variety of ingredients; and are wiling to try to get my business by going wider.

Thomas is personable and knowledgeable.

While Schoolhouse carries Omega Yeast, they currently do not carry organic grain nor organic extract. "Currently" may be were they will go wider.

A personal negative is that they are in Marietta. I've been to Marietta four times in 15 years and do not expect to increase that rate. Unlike Barley & Vine, which was a rational stop on the way up to Atlanta (Rise Up!), Marietta is not a rational trip to make Schoolhouse my regional HBS.

Since I bought most of a year's worth of ingredients from Barley & Vine, Schoolhouse would mostly be a first choice to be my "backup" OHBS; but a year and nine brews from now, could easily become my main store.

Back