School boy error?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bram

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I wish I wasn't introducing myself at the same time as asking for help with a school boy error but that's my luck.
I bought a Coopers starter kit to get me going which was the new type with the removable Krausen collar. I went for the Woodfordes Wherry kit as my first brew instead of the supplied lager.
There were all the signs of fermentation taking place and after 3 days I decided to take a gravity reading.
The sample I took seemed gassy and that was when it dawned on me that i had put the two supplied clips on the lid/ Krausen collar. I thought the CO2 escaped from the joint on the bucket and the Krausen ring. Doh.
The 3 day gravity reading was 1020 and after a little slurp it tasted ok but my fear is that I have made the CO2 to go into the beer
Now the clips are off will it be ok or have I knacked it?
Any comments appreciated, even if its calling me a numbty!

Sometimes I let CO2 get in my beer. I call it, "CARBONATION".

I hope it catches on!

Ok, done teasing. You are fine. You might want to RDWHAHB though.

Hi Guys. I wish I wasn't introducing myself at the same time as asking for help with a school boy error but that's my luck.
I bought a Coopers starter kit to get me going which was the new type with the removable Krausen collar. I went for the Woodfordes Wherry kit as my first brew instead of the supplied lager.
There were all the signs of fermentation taking place and after 3 days I decided to take a gravity reading.
The sample I took seemed gassy and that was when it dawned on me that i had put the two supplied clips on the lid/ Krausen collar. I thought the CO2 escaped from the joint on the bucket and the Krausen ring. Doh.
The 3 day gravity reading was 1020 and after a little slurp it tasted ok but my fear is that I have made the CO2 to go into the beer

Dude don't worry i am on my second batch with the same equipment and used the clips provided on the Krausen collar and everything turned out fine for me so let the yeast do it's magic and enjoy your beer.

Bram said:

You're fine. Just let it sit another week or two.

Wtf is a numbty?

Thanks to you all for the prompt replies! Reassurance means a lot.
Had to look up RDWHAHB but yeah great idea!
Oh and numbty is someone numb like me who gets things wrong!
Thanks again!

Thanks to you all for the prompt replies! Reassurance means a lot.
Had to look up RDWHAHB but yeah great idea!
Oh and numbty is someone numb like me who gets things wrong!
Thanks again!

What?? You looked it up??

You must be the first person in history to do that!

And I was all set to play the game too. Bummer.

Back