say it ain't so

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relax. Squirrel just went on a diet. Look for Svelte Squirrel this fall.

I'm sure it will move to a seasonal brew at some point. If not, they do have a beer vote every year and we can all go vote for it!

Well that's dumb. Fat Squirrel was way better than Two Women - which is about the most boring beer I've ever tasted (and not worthy of its name!).

Teromous: New Glarus only distributes in Wisconsin. I hear you can occasionally find it in New York and DC, too, but it's rare. They make a few pretty solid beers, and some great less-traditional stuff, but also several very mediocre beers (looking at you, Spotted Cow).

I do remember hearing a story about a bar in NY that was selling spotted cow for a while, but they got in a lot of trouble once New Glarus found out.

Do they have something against non-wiconsinites drinking their beer or something? I wonder if they'll start suing beer traders.

Nope. From their website:

Sorry about the limited distribution, non-Wisconsinites. There are only so many hours in the day to make beer and we can only keep up with the local demand. However, we would love it if you would stop by our little gift shop and pick some up.

Yeah they don't have an issue with non-wisconsinites drinking their beer, its the unlicensed sale of their beer that gets to em.

Haha that's awesome they even used the term "non-Wisconsinites." I'll have to check them out if I ever get to cheese-land. It would be awesome if they do some kind of beer and cheese pairing.

Haha that's awesome they even used the term "non-Wisconsinites." I'll have to check them out if I ever get to cheese-land. It would be awesome if they do some kind of beer and cheese pairing.

Well, there are two kind of the people in the world. Wisconsites and non-Wisconsites. Otherwise known as "Cheeseheads" and "non-cheeseheads" for the rest of the world. :D

They do on their hard hat tour. They only do it on Fridays and you have to reserve a spot well in advance.

Yeah they don't have an issue with non-wisconsinites drinking their beer, its the unlicensed sale of their beer that gets to em.

Was it even New Glarus that had a problem with it? I don't think they would be to upset unless they got in trouble for it, which I don't think would happen since they didn't distribute it.

They usually alternate seasonals every year. I just took the hard hat tour and the guide mentioned it will most likely be back next year.

I just checked their website and the next available slot on the Hard hat tour is January 24th, one slot. January 31st, 7 slots. They only take 15 per tour.

logan3825 said:
Was it even New Glarus that had a problem with it? I don't think they would be to upset unless they got in trouble for it, which I don't think would happen since they didn't distribute it.

Yeah, I'm sure they had a problem with it, but I doubt they were the ones the went after the guy. I guess he drove over here, loaded up a van, and drove back and sold it at his bar. Which I'm guessing violates a few laws/rules/what have you. I can't remember for sure but I think he may have lost his liquor license for doing so.

Latest posts

Back