Sanitizing Peanuts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewMonkster

Reaction score
I'm planning on making a chocolate peanut butter porter, I plan on using the nuts for secondary. The only thing that I haven't figured out is how to sanitize the nuts without using liquor. Any help out there from anyone that has done this? Thanks for any help in advance!!!

Most people use peanut butter powder to add that peanutty flavor. I would be concerned about the oils remaining in whole nuts destroying the head on your beer. If that is not a concern, maybe you could grind them up and boil them? Sounds messy.

What did you end up doing? I am going to add mine right in there, I will let you know if I have any issues with infection or head retention!

I'd love to know what you did for this. I've been wanting to get my hands on a peanut butter or nutella porter for some time now

When i get home today I will post mine. I have it online but I know i changed some stuff on the fly and have the amounts all wrote down so i will post mine. I did a brown ale

Back