Sanitizing a Sabco Brew Magic before a brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziggy13

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am trying to decide whether I should continue running a sanitization cycle on my Brew Magic before I brew on it. I bought the system used and it came with instructions from a long time ago, back when they were still suggesting to do a protein rest all of the time. Anyways it says to run a sani cycle every single time prior to brewing. I am not 100% sure what this is accomplishing since everything is getting boiled anyways. Also, we run a PBW cleansing cycle and then a plain water rinse immediately after the brew is complete so there is no mash or wort liquids remaining in the vessels or lines after a brew. Also every dozen or so batches we run and acid and caustic cycle to remove all of the buildup that gradually accumulates over time. I feel like these cleansing cycles are more than enough. Anyone have any experience or opinions on this?

Never heard of sanitizing the hot side prior to brewing, makes no sense to me. Sounds like your cleaning practice is pretty good...start brewing IMHO.

This is what I figured everyone would say. I cannot for the life of me figure out why their instructions suggested doing it...

This is what I figured everyone would say. I cannot for the life of me figure out why their instructions suggested doing it...

When I bought mine it did have a sanitization step for the initial pre-clean.

I deep cleaned to remove machining oils and skipped the santization step. The only thing I do beyond that is periodically inspect the element for build up and periodically re-passivate the stainless.

Latest posts

Back